What is Olive POMACE Energy?
Olive Biomass is the most efficient alternative to coal, known as the premium-quality agricultural biomass fuel.
Olive Biomass is the solid residue from the production of olive oil industry . The solid olive residues that remain after the virgin olive oil extraction process are called olive pits and dried olive cake.
Olive biomass is a renewable energy and sustainable fuel source that has many possible efficient uses. The olive pits and kernel/ olive cake can be upgraded to other types of solid energy carriers like pellets, briquettes and charcoal.
Every litre of olive oil produced results in roughly 5 kg of olive waste.
Benefits of Biomass Energy:
- Carbon-neutral combustion due to olive trees’ high absorption of atmospheric carbon.
- Sustainable and Endlessly renewable Ensuring annually production.
- Its high calorific value largely exceeds that of other wood or agricultural biomass.
- High density, very concentrated fuel.
- Reliable source of energy.